It is difficult to know for sure what the exact fees and costs are in a fund that your bank maybe trying to sell to you.
⠀⠀⠀Research by Forbes Magazine
in 2011 found that potential costs for funds in the USA could include the expense ratio, transaction costs, cash drag and a tax cost and result in total costs of 3.17% to 4.17%!
⠀⠀⠀A 2019 article by Redesigning Financial Services
using data from Morningstar InvestmentNews and Visual Capitalist shows that the total costs include an expense ratio (0.59% avg), transaction costs (0.75% avg), cash drag (0.26% avg) and advisory fees (1.00% avg) giving a total average cost of 2.60%.
⠀⠀⠀A 2019 news report by The Financial Times
reported that the Mifid II regulatory disclosures showed that some absolute returns funds incurred transaction costs almost equal to headline charges. They give the example of one fund that have a management fee of 0.85% and then transaction costs of 1.03% giving a total cost of investing of 1.88%.